Happy New Year! I hope your 2016 is off to a great start. The clay blogs have started strong. There was a lot of great feedback for the Top Pottery Blogs of 2015. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blogs that you really enjoy and connect through the comments on those blogs. Also thanks for sharing and commenting here on the Pottery Making Blog.
If you’re new to the Clay Blog Review, it’s basically a monthly recap of all the great pottery blogs from around the ‘net. They are sorted by category to make reading a little easier. If you know a pottery blog that should be included that isn’t on the blog list let me know!
So, let’s get to the blogs!
The Can’t Miss
What were the “must read” pottery blog posts during the past month?
- Kristen Kieffer: Studio Cycles Pictorial 2015
- CFile – Contemporary Ceramic Art + Design: Best of CFile.Daily |15 Potters to Watch in 2016
- Whistle Creek: A Tip, A Tool, and a Technique.
- Barnbarroch Pottery: Teapots
- Gary’s third pottery blog: CRUSTY… a potter’s workplace
- HaldeBlog: Five things HaldeCraft did wrong in 2015
- Tony Clennell: Some and some
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: New Stamps For The New Year
- Blog – objective clay: Throwing Molds on the Wheel
- CFile – Contemporary Ceramic Art + Design: Video | “The Valley of the Potters:” Meet one of the Oldest Clay Traditions on Earth
- Love Sown: Pulling Spoons
- CFile – Contemporary Ceramic Art + Design: Video | How to throw a Banana on the Potter’s Wheel
- Lucia Pottery: 10 Practical Considerations when Pulling Handles for Mugs
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: Ironies of the potting profession