Welcome back to the Clay Blog Review. Or if it’s your first time, thanks for taking a look. This is where you will find some of the best pottery blogging from the past month. If you missed last month, you can go see the Clay Blog Review: April 2016.
May was a busy month for the pottery bloggers. Lots of great work coming out of the kilns, prepping for and attending festivals, wrapping up the school year, pictures of flowers and sunshine, and even a new book!
Don’t forget, you can sign up for the email newsletter!
The Can’t Miss
What were the “must read” pottery blog posts during the past month?
- Carol Clarkson Pottery Blog: Water Color Green (Steven Hill)
- Big Ceramic Store: Liquid Latex For Design and Protection
- Anna’s Ceramics: Wedding Favours – a technique using moulds
- Big Ceramic Store: Darts For Aesthetics
- Ceramic Artists Now: AKAR’s Yunomi Invitational Isn’t about TeaBowls… It’s WAY more Interesting
- Big Ceramic Store: Sgraffito in Terra Sigillata With BCS Customer Lisa Harnish – Part 1
- Barnbarroch Pottery: Mega making – the run up to Spring Fling
- John Britt Pottery: Great article on bisque
- CFile: Fashion | Hit the Block in a Pair of Porcelain-Inspired Sneakers
- Pottery Making Blog: Mastering the Potter’s Wheel by Ben Carter – Book Review
If you haven’t considered Ben Carter’s new book “Mastering the Potter’s Wheel” you should definitely take a look. It is fantastic!