The best in clay blogging from the past month:
Technical, Techniques, Tips
- A nice pictorial demonstration of the slab and paddle technique by KaratsuPots, and construction images of a kiln from start to finish.
- John Britt shares ^10 glaze samples and recipes: Rutile 11, Mutsuo Black, shares an article about Snowflake Crackle glaze, and videos a throwing demonstration.
- View the process to make a press mold out of plaster at Jemerick Art.
- Tracey Broom shows her diy bead tree that she uses to fire beads and pendants and shares a turquoise glaze recipe for raku.
- See video of a workshop demo: printing on clay from Ang Design Blog.
- FetishGhost shares a ^10 Red Chun recipe and some blue glaze test results.
- Carole Epp shares a video of Carol Gouthro building with slabs and tar paper.
- Atelier Marla shares a process to test for thermal shock.
- Ron Philbeck demonstrates how to cut feet on bowls via “the ‘tube”:
- Liberty Stoneware has slip test results.
- Ann Tubbs explains how she prepares to glaze.
- Linda Starr shares recent work and talks firing temps.
- Lori Watts has a few notes from a soda firing.