Reviewing the month in clay blogging. The last Review of 2011! Happy New Year.
Technical, Techniques, Tips
- The Clay Club discusses Green Chrome Oxide and Chromium Oxide.
- Bridges Pottery Blog shares the basic tools of the trade.
- Diving Into the Clay found this video of throwin’ and trailin’:
- John Britt shares a ^10 Ice Crackle glaze recipe, three ^10 recipes and the results they produced,
- Jeanette Manchester Harris shares her technique for making a palm frond dish.
- A couple blogs shared a video of a volumetric image transfer by Forrest Lesch-Middelton:
- Lori Watts learns that garden lime might be closer to dolomite than whiting and says no to birdseed wadding but maybe to chia wadding. Then considers java wadding.
- Michael Mahan talks about carving and how to clean up sharp edges.
- Emily Reason gets some suggestions for blue underglaze.
- FetishGhost shares a 5 min. vid of applying slip to a pot:
- Raven Hill Pottery has a series of posts reviewing Coyote glazes.