NCECA (the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts) puts on a giant conference every year for ceramists, students, teachers and clay industry folk. This year it took place in Houston, Texas on March 20-23rd. Check out the NCECA blog year round.
- Kate Plows reviews Andrew Tomasik’s “Pinching on Both Sides of the Brain“.
- Lisa Paytes shares a topical discussion about packing artwork.
- Daniel SanGiacomo shares his digital technologies presentation.
- Pete Pinell: Using the Language of Composition to Discuss and Understand Art.
Imagery and Eye Candy
- Kate Plows has a couple images from the cup show, some K12 Show Highlights and images of the International Conebox Show.
- Texas Potter/Sculptor has a great collection of images (click the show albums button on the left for more).
- Amy Henson shares a few NCECA purchases, part 2.
- Hood College promotional videos.
- Heidi McKenzie shares almost 200 photos.
- 2013 NCECA Biennial.
- Pinterest has a few shots from NCECA, Tumblr #nceca,
- Erica Iman shares some Houston snapshots.
- The Residents share some unique experiences and great images.
- Positive Press interviews Jeff Forster.
- Colby Parsons: The Silverware Drawer.
- 2013 NCECA Conference Slideshow.
- Burnt dirt shares some images starting with the cup sale.
- Gabriel Parque shares photos of an exhibit.
- Mary Weichman tags some photos from NCECA 2013.
- Lone Star College-North Harris has some images from campus.
- Lawndale Art Center shares some NCECA photos.
Reviews and Reports
- Julie Hanus shares the top 10 NCECA moments.
- Elliott Zooey Martin shares a report from Houston on Art Ltd.
- Roberto Lugo recalls his presentation and experience.
- A few from the Ceramic Arts Daily Forum share experiences.
- Duncan Blount shares a student account of day one and day two.
- An interview with Joshua Green and Jeff Forster.
- Kalika Bowlby shares highlights on Crafthaus and will share interviews with emerging artists on the NCECA blog.
- Clayart posts by Liz Willoughby, Stephani Stephenson, David Hendley.
- Sierra Nevada College sends students to NCECA.
- Emma Smith shares some words and photos.
- Marian Williams pimps your wheel, visits with rock stars of pottery. Check her blog for more info soon.
- Ave Renee rambles about NCECA.
- Glasstire shares some highlights: part 1 – galleries, part 2 – artists and clay tech.
- The Houston Chronicle had a nice pre-conference write-up.
Exhibits and Shows
The next NCECA conference is already being prepared. It will take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin from March 19th to March 22nd. Proposals are being considered now and the theme is Material World. Check the NCECA site for more information.
If you have any links that you would like to see in the lists above, send an email or get in touch through social media. Thanks for reading!