Hello good clay people! Another month is behind us which brings us to another Clay Blog Review. This one is a little later than usual but still as jam-packed full of great content as the rest. Hopefully last month’s Clay Blog Review was enough to hold you over.
If you’re new here, this is a collection of some of the finest pottery blogging of the past month. The links sorted into categories including process and technique, tips and technical information, recent work, thoughts, interviews and everything else.
The Can’t Miss
- Grass is Working with colored clays and NERIKOMI.
- Lori Watts makes a new Trimming Bat.
- Art by Fuzzy shares a Goshen Pottery Workshop Video:
- John Britt shares a video of Susan Feagin: Screen printing and Sluthing on clay PART 1 and PART 2.
- Linda Starr writes a Carolyn Genders Workshop Synopsis.
- Tara Lynn Franco explains Transferring a Pattern or Text to Clay and Soft Slab Construction.
- Judy Abdelaziz shows some of the steps used to create Teapots.
- Carter Gillies helps Get the excess weight off your bottom.
Process and Technique
- SmartCat is working with Glaze.
- Whynot Pottery is also getting in on the Labor.
- Doug Fitch is back! (Blogging and video posting) The arrival of young Bernard, Tuesday, sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppy jugs, Saturday’s stuff on Sunday, etc.
- Gary Jackson gets Ready… Set… Load and paints Pumpkins.
- Lori Buff is Marbling Clay Cups and shares Laser Decal Tests.
- Rachel Dorn makes End Caps and a Sculpture in Pieces, then Gets Started and Revises Plans and makes a Post-Firing Fit Test.
- Barnbarroch Pottery has An idea taking off.
- Tony Clennell has a (handle) sickness and orders a double.
- Gard Studios spends some time with John Glick.
- John Britt shares a video of Susan Feagin: Screen printing and Sluthing on clay.
- Brandon Schwartz gives a report from the Clay Studio.
- DirtKicker Pottery Makes Pottery Spoons with Rozzi.
- Lisa W.B. Walker gives a look at the Spinning Top Series and is “Making Waves”.
- Lori Watts finds some Inspiration.
- Angela Walford is carving away.
- Alex Irvine shows some of the process behind the Mission Hospital Donor Recongition Wall.
- Newfoundout Potter has a few recent pieces.
- Dahlhaus posts A little video:
Tips and Technical
- John Britt found an Interesting site about clay materials and shares a Door Jam idea from Kyle Carpenter and a Cone 7 slip casting clay recipe. Also some info about G-200 – G-200 HP and G-200 EU.
- Carol Clarkson knows how to Preventing Lids From Sticking in Firing and shares ^6 Water Color Green and ^6 Steven Hill Satin White.
- A Potter’s Archive shares the HH Celadon Glaze.
- Meagan Chaney shares 15 recipes from Ceramic Arts Daily.
- Lori Watts knows that Bigger Wads Make Better Bottoms.
- Jay Wiese figured out how to stack bats.
- Carter Gillies is back!
- Lori Buff works at Being Okay With Loss.
- The NCECA blog has the Factory as Studio: The Intersection of Art, Craft & Industry Podcast.
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler (Ben Carter)
- Brian R. Jones interviews Namita Wiggers.
- Lori Langford is Taking the Next Step and realizes that Sometimes, less is more. Sometimes, less is less.
- Tony Clennell shares A Potter’s Briefcase.
- Ave Renee offers some College Advice for the Indecisive.
- Jeanette Manchester Harris tries to explain CLAYART and shares some Jottings: “Art Advice”.
- Carole Epp wraps up the medalta international cup exhibition and shares Potter – William Brouillard, Svend Bayer “Potter” and a Craft In Sight video:
- Cathy Catlin Thanks D. Michael Coffee for the photo setup.
- Gary Jackson gives us some updates on the demolition of the old Soda Kiln and construction of the New Soda Kiln.
- Neil Estrick posts some photos of the Lill Street Kiln Build… and more Photos.
- Marian Williams has a full post about Pottery Aprons.
- Petr Novak uses Two teas from Lao Banzang.
- John Britt found a video of a Funny Potter’s Song and a humorous Art Critique. He also shares the Reality of Craft Artists and Pay and Folk Pottery for a Microwave Generation.
- Paul Jessop shares A Tale of Two Days at a Show.
- Euan Craig has images of Dancing with Fire.
- Carter Gillies posts A few ideas for teachers of pottery and ceramics and Target practice and other lessons for potters in the business of art.
- Wallyware has the origin of the “The Caffeine Curve”.
- Good Elephant Pottery has a Giant Cardboard Teapot full of packing peanuts.
- Liz Crain explains what happens After the Firing.
- Lori Buff shows a DIY Photo Booth Setup.
- Bentham Pottery gives a history lesson about Digging the Black Burton clay.
- Pottery By Lisa explores The Life+Work Balance.
- Patricia Bridges gets the calculator out for COGs and Caeteris Paribus.
- Rachel Dorn runs some New Website Design Trials.
- Rae Dunn’s studio is more limey.
- Dough Fitch knows that sometimes you just have to say grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
- Kitty Shepherd starts with piles of papers.
Thanks for reading and sharing. Here’s to another month of making great pots and blogging about them!
Leave a Reply