Highlighting the best in pottery blogging… in case you missed something!
Process and Technique
- Kyle Houser works with decals and sgraffito.
- Mea Rhee has been a workaholic.
- Joel Cherico talks about Glazing and throws off the hump.
- Hannah McAndrew and her slip trailers against the world.
- Rachel Dorn shares some Recent Studio Pictures and starts to epoxy.
- John Britt shares a video of Dorothy Feibleman’s Nerikomi:
- Jeffrey Guin adds some Terra Sigilatta.
- Jerry Wedd is Jammin’ and gets scared.
- Ben Carter works on vases and Flower Bricks.
- Angela Walford shares a video of her studio day:
- Tracey Broome has a good week and a good day making things.
- Lori Buff talks about Casserole dishes and has a Perfect Raku Day.
- Kelly Lynn Daniels shares a Paperclay Vessel.
- Carole Epp shares videos of Daven Hee:
- Barbara Rogers works on Pendants.
- Linda Starr shares some insight about her Process and Development.
- Patty throws Llamas on the wheel.
- Diane Puckett spends some time Handbuilding.
- Kitty Shepherd decorates a Pot of Africa – Day 10.
- Gary Jackson makes Mini Pumpkins, Ovals and Jack O’Lanterns.
- Bfree Pottery feels the pain of carvers.
- Diane McNeal shares her process for Making Clay and pugging.
- She also shares a couple videos about making Goblets:
- Paul Jessop has Stuff Going.
- Woodfirer has a series of posts about firing the kiln.
- Scott Cooper has been working hard in the studio.
- Rob at Simple Circle Studios has also been busy.
- Hollis Engley layers glazes.
- Barbara Rogers is Making pitchers.
- Tom Edwards is Keeping busy.
- Lori Watts makes a stamped platter.
Tips and Technical
- Glaze Recipe Sharing: Joe Shaw’s Lemon Frost ^6 ox, Red Chun ^6 ox, Floating Black ^6 ox and Gordon Hutchens Slip.
- Robin Hopper shares a pair of posts on BRUSHSTUFF: 1 and 2.
- Art by Fuzzy shares some test tiles:
- Bill Amsterlaw has Electric Kiln Ideas.
- Kelly Kessler passes along Martha Grover’s paper/vinegar slip recipe.
- Carole Epp shares Lakeside Pottery’s tips to prevent a Clogged Sink and plastic wrap over the clay.
- Tracey Broome shares some Test tiles with washes.
- If you missed it, there is an article about How to Recycle Clay.
- Patricia Bridges shares Drying Tips.
- Amy Huacani shares some Test Glazes.
- Ben Carter pulls out Dinner plates and Platters.
- Whynot Pottery peeks inside the kiln: Front, Middle and Back.
- Ron Philbeck shares an Owl Dish and some other pots and a Video of new work:
- Linda Starr shows some Plates in Colors.
- Ann has new work as well.
- Round Rabbit shares the rainbow.
- Hollis Engley has a few new pots and a few more New pots.
- Dahlhaus introduces a new glaze pattern.
- Kelly Lynn Daniels has results from a Recent Soda Firing.
- The Hopeful Potter shares some simple forms.
- Lucy Fagella has Olive Trays with Handles and biodegradable urns.
- Gary Jackson unloads the Soda Kiln and shows off some Textures.
- Barbara Rogers shares Some new pieces and Tumblers.
- Rob at Simple Circle has pots for sale.
- Scott shares the Latest Batch From The Kiln.
- Tracey Broome finishes New Commissions and asks “Is it worth it?“
- Yolande Clark shares some subtle pots from the First Firing.
- Rachel Dorn finishes the bike part project: part 1, part 2.
- Liberty Stoneware shares the First Kiln Firing Results and Pots from the Kiln.
- Art by Fuzzy tries decals and has glaze fire results.
- Kyle Houser has so many new pieces… and more.
- Christa Assad gets political with the Syrian Uprising Series.
- Clementina van der Walt has new work ready to ship and experiments with textures.
- LaPella Art has some little jars.
- Woodfirer gets the Kiln unpacked.
- Jeanette Manchester Harris loves pears.
- Carter Gillies
In the clear light of the new morning it seems to me that the important difference is between looking at a breakthrough as the result of specific intention and a breakthrough that is incidental to the normal course of problem solving.
- Ben Carter shares some thoughts on the hand.
- Linda Starr talks about The Right Gallery Fit.
- Carole Epp finds the Guide to Marketing for Artists & Craftspeople.
- John Britt shares What Happened with that Penland Controversy and celebrates.
- Also: You know you’re a potter if…
- Forrest and Jeni Gard share a video: can you teach creativity?
- Tracey Broome Crunches numbers.
- Emily Murphy takes us on a studio tour and tells about Pinterest.
- Dahlhaus has images of the studio and explains Practice verses Business.
- Kyle Houser shares rules for students and teachers and explains his pour-overs.
- Lori Watts found a new photo editing site.
- Mea Rhee shares the secret: How To Take a Paid Vacation When You’re Self-Employed.
- Paul Jessop makes pottery add up.
- Lori Buff shares some resources for Photographing Your Artwork.
- Karatsu Pots repairs pots with Apoxie.
- Wild Iris shows the New Studio Layout.
- Liz Crain explains Reclaiming Clay.
- DirtKicker Pottery shows off a DIY Trimming Shield.
- Studio Potter Archive shares a conversation with Nick Joerling and Malinda Bender.
- Potter Jo shares the BBC Three Counties Radio interview.
- Brian R. Jones shares podcast interviews: Mary Barringer, Amy Halko and Deborah Horrell.
- Connie Norman interviews Georgia Rowswell.
- Ben Carter interviews jazz saxophonist Willow Neilson.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to share other blogs that deserve some notice. And leave some comments on these fine blogs above!
Lori Buff says
Thanks, I always love reading the monthly review so I can see what I missed. It’s really a big help for a busy potter.
Pottery Making Info says
Thanks for the feedback Lori. And thanks for sharing so much on your blog!