Hello again! October is gone but it has left us plenty of great blogging from potters around the world. Below are links to some of the best content I could scare up.
The “Can’t Miss”
- Lori Langford gives a nice tutorial: A Study in Leaves.
- Ivan Wozniak shares some advice for those Starting out in Pottery.
- Gary Jackson is Bowled Over With Bowls.
- Carole Epp shares videos of Creating a Paper Stencil with Zygote Blum and a guest post by Jill Foote-Hutton.
- DirtKicker Pottery shows how to make Bisque Texture Rollers.
- Scott K. Roberts shares a video of Warren Mackenzie at the Leach Pottery.
- Glynnis Lessing takes images and notes about the making process at a Mata Ortiz Workshop.
- John Britt records a video as he is Reproducing a Hans Coper Vessel.
Process and Technique
- Paul Jessop is a Hard working Potter.
- Rachel Dorn is Fitting a new batch of fired work, working on a Twisting Gear Form and Another Piece in Progress, and is Nearly Finished Building.
- Carol Epp shares a video about Jonathan Garratt: Fired Fruits.
- Lisa Rogers shows images of Moldmaking at Anderson Ranch with Andy Brayman along with some Decal Samples and shows what a Sunday afternoon in the studio looks like.
- FetishGhost has a little Recess Time.
- Gary Jackson has More Fun With Bowls, works on Tugging At Heartstrings, shows images from Tuesday’s Class Demo, starts with The Basics and Gets A Handle On It.
- Whynot Pottery has been So quiet, but hard at work and says “You are welcome” for a sneak peek. Also, The man behind the lamps and Glazing pots.
- The Hopeful Potter has been streamlining in the studio.
- Mom Cave Pottery is making Soup bowls.
- Angela Walford has another day, another studio movie:
- Joel Cherrico has work ready for the Back Roads Pottery Tour.
- Tony Clennell shares what you might learn after 35 years of firing wood kilns.
- Kim Murton is working on a Fluffy cat commission.
- Jeanette Manchester Harris realizes that Inspiration can come from anywhere.
- Tara Lynne Franco: Waxing and Wiping and Rollerblades Oh My!
- Dan Finnegan prepares for firing # 15.
- Good Elephant Pottery shows The October Studio.
Tips and Technical
- Fine Mess Pottery has Five Glazes and A Freeze and shares an Amber Celadon while doing the Last Outdoor Glazing and another ^6 recipe while on a Basket Jag.
- John Britt finds another great resource: NAU Ceramics Conference page.
- Carol Epp shares plans to Assemble a Backyard Raku Kiln via Popular Mechanics.
- Marian Williams has some tips and Cone 10 Reduction Gas Firing Results.
- Matt Fiske has results from testing Galactic Oil Spot Glazes.
- Hannah McAndrew shares some work Unfired and Fired.
- Dennis Allen shows What’s Left.
- Judy Abdelaziz has some images of October Favorites.
- Petr Novak makes Nonconformist natsume.
- Mom Cave Pottery has Glazed soup bowls.
- Michael Mahan gets Feedback (that) Inspires.
- Round Rabbit has a Shop update and another Shop update.
- Dahlhaus shows some New Herringbone Dip Trays.
- Liberty Stoneware gets the Kiln Opened and shares Fall Pottery Photos.
- Brandon “Fuzzy” Schwartz has New Pots: September 2013:
(Side note: if you’d like to have your images added to the Clay Blog Review, let me know through email or social media. I usually just use my own because I don’t think far enough ahead to get permission from all of you other clay bloggers before I publish.)
- Lorri Watts says Psssst! Anybody wanna buy some pots.
- Good Elephant Pottery shows some results from the firing where it rained and rained.
- Wallyware mugs now feature Road Rage Moms and Brain Eating Toddlers!
- Kalika Bowlby posts images of Autumn in the studio.
- Kyle Houser has some (fantastic, decal-ed) pots Fresh for Fall.
- Karatsu Pots has to Salvage one.
- Barb Rogers finishes some Sculptural forms.
- Kristen Kieffer shares some New Work.
- Carter Gillies
- The NCECA Blog considers Emotional Sustainability, By Maret Miller.
- Jeanette Manchester Harris reminds us about Being Your Own Inspiration.
- Rachel Dorn explores What it takes to be an artist and a parent.
- Brandon Phillips says Farewell old friend.
- which prompts a response from Carter Gillies: Your kiln is your partner. No, wait…
- Brian R. Jones interviews Jen Allen and Nate Query.
- Ben Carter talks with Steve Lee, Richard Notkin, Evelyn Craft Belger and has a Kansas City Live Ramble with Cary Esser, Tommy Frank, and Meredith Host.
- NCECA Blog interviews Brian R Jones (the tables have turned!) and has a Janine Antoni Podcast.
- Jen Allen has a written interview with Justin Lambert.
- Molly Hatch interview on live radio.
- Hannah McAndrew is on the cover of Dumfries & Galloway Life.
- You should show musing about mud a little love.
- Amy Waller is interested in Square Market.
- Gary Jackson shares his new Prototype.
- John Britt shares some info about Khnemu Studio- Solar powered Kilns.
- Dawn Whitehand’s Book is Now Available for Pre Ordering.
- Carter Gillies makes Bloopers and explores The Mathematics of Altered Pottery Forms. He also gives a 200th post ‘State of the Blog’ Address.
- Newfoundout Potter recalls A Group Effort – Eighth Firing of the Newfoundout Train.
- Emma Smith talks about Manny, the Manabigama.
- Brandon Schwartz shares his experience at the Michiana Pottery Tour 2013.
- Lori Buff gives some pointers on Fixing An E-Z Up Festival Tent and working on a Potter’s Résumé and C.V. and shares her opinion on Volume Discounts and Pricing Art That Is On Scholarship.
- Carole Epp posts some images from a workshop with Michael Kline and two videos: Ira Glass on the Creative Process and ENCAIX (FITTING).
- Whitney Smith shares a heavy post while wandering the ruins.
- Heather Knight is Finding Gratitude again.
- Shannon Q Merritt learns an embarrassing lesson.
- Marian Williams posts some photos from a Malcolm Greenwood Workshop.
- Butterfly Farm Pottery is in the midst of Interesting Times (Etsy related).
- Ollie Pots has similar feelings about Etsy’s New Guideline.
- Michael Kline takes advantage of FF (Follow Friday) to expand his social media network.
- Scott K. Roberts shares a video: The Culture of Craft.
- John Britt shares a playlist of Craft in America episode previews.
- Inge Nielsen is starting Outlines of a basement pottery studio.
- Lisa W. B. Walker provides a Halloween themed Clay Class for Kids.
- Liz Crain encourages us to Chase the Dream, Not the Competition.
If you made it all the way to the bottom, congrats! Give yourself a pat on the back. Thanks for reading. And, as always, if you have any suggestions, email me or hit the social media pages. I’m always looking to add more clay blogs: pottery, ceramics, sculpture, anything with good content. Here’s to a great November!