Highlighting the best in pottery blogging… in case you missed something!
Process and Technique
- Lori Watts uses a Sling Mold, shares a Seated Lid Demo and uses The Quarter Trick to make cake stands.
- Amy Huacani is Glazing.
- LaPella Art talks Efficiency and Passion.
- Raven Hill Pottery works on the Backwater Bay collection.
- Tim Compton is also creating a new Dinner set.
- Angela Walford trims and slips and glazes.
- Melanie Sherman says it’s Almost midterm.
- Kings Creek Pottery shares some tips from a Hayne Bayless conference.
- Linda Starr shares some Clay Bloopers.
- Karatsu Pots has New pots and clay, also Cups, Plates, Small Group Show.
- Brandon Phillips has new pots in progress.
- Ron Philbeck adds Lots of drawing to pots and Slips a large dish:
- also, check out the video: Drawing on Leather hard Pots.
- Whynot Pottery tells About the stamp and adds some color.
- Tracey Broome makes houses with Doors and Drawers.
- Doug Fitch decorates with Slip:
- Gary Jackson prepares clay and uses it and makes Textured Slabs.
- Christine makes some Monster Dishes.
- Tony Clennell makes teapots how he wants.
- Barbara Rogers shows a Greenware Mad Hatter.
- Blaine M. Avery is Decorating pots.
- FetishGhost shares a video of Washing the Fiddler:
- Carole Epp shares a video of Ken Matsuzaki throwing chawans.
Tips and Technical
- Meagan Chaney lets Guest Artist Martina Lantin share two low fire recipes.
- FetishGhost shares a cone 10 white Slip.
- Ron Philbeck has you covered if you ever wondered How to slip a chicken and explores Hydro Abrasion:
- Glaze Recipe Sharing posts an Orange Ochre Stoneware Body, DK’s Stoneware Body and Deep Red ^6 Stoneware.
- Carole Epp shares a link explaining the art of firing beads.
- Graciela Testa Lynt shows her Best New Studio Tool.
- Ivan Wozniak shares information about Burnishing unfired clay pottery.
- Marian Williams gets Great Advice on Spraying Glazes from Loren Lukens.
- Michael Mahan discovers that Cone 6 ‘electric glaze’ fires nicely at 10-14.
- Rae Dunn makes porcelain leaves.
- Dirty Girl has new works for fall.
- Hollis Engley shows Wood pots under grey skies.
- Tracey Broome learns to say goodbye and finishes some Beach Houses. She is a super star.
- Whynot Pottery finishes pots for the open house.
- Phil Rogers posts some finished Wood Fired pots.
- Amy Woo works with Porcelain.
- Bfree Pottery shares pots from a recent fire.
- Kyle Houser adds some pots to the Etsy shop.
- Dan Finnegan unloads the kiln and gives us a First Taste.
- Kitty Shepherd’s extremely detailed decorating is Finished.
- Round Rabbit cranks out more jewelry.
- Ron Philbeck shares A few new pots and a video of Finished Leaf Platters and other pots:
- Lisa has a beautiful kiln opening.
- Barbara Rogers shows work that have Gone to new homes.
- Gary Jackson Puts A Bird On It.
- Ann has results from a glaze fire.
- DirtKicker Pottery shows Covered Butter Dishes.
- The Createniks finish Another Batch of Freshness.
- Ben Carter shows some New work.
- Yolande Clark posts New Etsy Items.
- Liberty Stoneware gives us a peek Opening the Kiln.
- Raven Hill Pottery presents The Moon Collection.
- Patricia Griffin has a new series called Falling Leaves.
- Bulldog Pottery shows a Glorious Pottery Firing.
- Lori Watts shows Pots from the Last Firing.
- Kyle Houser gives a Recap of new work.
- Bella Joy Pottery gets some new work out of the kiln.
- Scott Cooper tells us that firing 51 went well.
- Dahlhaus shares thoughts on the Studio Magazine article, working with large retailers, and ‘craft’ becoming mainstream.
- Bridget Fairbank posts a Manifesto of Sorts.
- Diane Puckett on Dust Control.
- Ivan Wozniak explains How to Choose a Pottery Class.
- Lisa shows her Studio Love.
- Diving into the Clay finds some interesting imagery.
- Carole Epp shares a sculpture video by Lacey Hawkins:
- Aaron Sober tells us How to be a Successful Potter.
- DirtKicker Pottery notices some Etsy Changes.
- Karatsu Pots is Saving space.
- Bella Joy Pottery offers instructions on Gift Wrapping.
- Scott Cooper pretends to be a graphic designer.
- Kristen Kieffer shares a Facebook Guide so you can see posts from pages you’ve liked.
- Carter Gillies shares a video: What if money was no object?:
- He also modifies a Charles Bukowski piece: So you want to be a potter?
So there it is… a little later than usual due to holiday festivities and a personal project that I was working on. One small change in format: the Interviews have their very own section since there seem to be at least a handful every month.
Thanks for checking in!