Here we are, starting the last month of pottery blogging in 2014. You know what they say, time flies when you’re reading clay blogs…
The good news is that we will soon decide the BEST POTTERY BLOG OF THE YEAR! For example, 2013.
But for now, we can take a look at all the good stuff the the clay bloggers shared with us during November. Or, if you missed last month, catch up here!
Process and Technique
“What does pottery look like before it is finished?”
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Tons Of Trimming
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Colored Slip Painting
- Blue Starr Gallery: Glazing
- Paine Falls……….: The studio is filling up…….
- Carol Clarkson: Ceramic Substrates
- Gary Rith: when dreams become reality
- Lori Watts: Clay All Day, Soap All Night
- Gary Jackson: Bisque Kiln : Layer By Layer
- part time pottery: Storage Jars….
- Whynot Pottery: Let’s talk
- Gary Jackson: Stamped Vases
- meesh’s pottery: Finally nailing it.
- musing about mud: technical tuesday: Sculpting Demo by Philippe Faraut
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: One More Day… A Lot More Mugs.
- Nanban ceramics: Glazing
- Scott K Roberts Pottery: Lee Kang-hyo “Onggi Master”
- musing about mud: movie day: Ty Aymond
- Blue Starr Gallery: Blank Canvas, You Can Almost See the Cold
- DirtKicker PoTTerY: Christmas Kiln is Cooling
- Dawn Whitehand: Sunday Studio Visit – Custom Orders
- part time pottery: Things that are drying… that need to hurry up and dry damn it….
- Blue Starr Gallery: A Tall One with a Stopper
- part time pottery: Waiting on things to dry…
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Since We Couldn’t Raku, I Underglazed
- Blue Starr Gallery: Yellow Birds and Rabbit in Tall Grass
- Crystal Morey: Studio Update
- part time pottery: And More Drying…
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: PotZ
- Around and About with Bulldog Pottery: Lots in the Works at Bulldog Pottery
- ang design blog: epic…
Tips and Technical
“How do I become a better/smarter potter?”
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Tinting Slip
- meridianaceramics: Advanced Tecnical Ceramics
- musing about mud: technical tuesday: Crystalline Pottery by Kris Friedrich
- Blue Starr Gallery: After The Fact
- Diving into the clay: Slow firing scgedule for double walled work
- part time pottery: Sabrina Comes Into Her Own….
- Diving into the clay: Trash Can Firing
- The PottersFriend’s blogspot: Opacification of Glazes
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Why Pots Break in the Kiln
“Where can I see inspiring pottery?”
- Peter’s Pottery: Crystalline Magic. root canals, and all kinds of mugs…
- Liz Crain Ceramics: Spicing It Up: Hot Out of the Kiln for November, 2014
- Phil Rogers Pottery, Rhayader, Wales: PR219 Set of Pasta Bowls.
- Phil Rogers Pottery, Rhayader, Wales: PR222 Ash Glazed Tureen.
- Tony Clennell: Getting fingered!
- Kristen Kieffer: Breakfast Special
- Tony Clennell: President of CYA Club
- Clay and Color: THE COUNT DOWN TO CHRISTMAS HAS STARTED.
- Rae Dunn … clay » clay.: pop up.
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop update TOMORROW Friday, November 7th!
- Blue Starr Gallery: Animal Crackers in my Soup
- Marian Williams Pottery: Reduction Refires – Cone 10 Gas Firing – Does It Help A Glaze To Refire It?
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: Heat stroke
- Blue Starr Gallery: Acorns and Leaves
- Artworks of Johnson Tsang: The Guardian
- GretaMichelle Joachim: Pieces Of My World: Sunday
- Jenny Mendes: come with me
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Shaving Bowl
- part time pottery: My Gallery Opening
- Gary’s third pottery blog: an unexpected turn…..
- Barnbarroch Pottery: Winter Pots for Autumn days
- Jenny Mendes: Some stuff I’ve been working on
- WALLYWARE: Three New Ornaments For 2014!!!
- Artworks of Johnson Tsang: Conversion 2
- weddwould: pottery
- lisa w.b. walker: Fall “By the Ocean”
- Liberty Stoneware: Kiln Results, Farm Open House, and Pottery Sale!
- Kyle Carpenter Studio Pottery: Large pot fired in @klineola ‘s (Michael Kline) wood/salt kiln.
- maya makes things: Making Pots with People in Mind
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: My Latest Soda Kiln Full of Teasures
- Alchemy of Clay: Forest Project revisited
- Alchemy of Clay: More sculpted trees
- Dawn Whitehand: Visual Artist: Buy Handmade for Christmas
- Kristen Kieffer: Fortify for CERF+
- Kim Murton: 3 Dozen to Bainbridge Arts and Crafts
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Pretty Little Porcelain
- Alchemy of Clay: Something’s gonna be cooking
- homefry sketchbook: Its Upon Us.
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop update TOMORROW, MONDAY the 24th!
- Kristen Kieffer: Special & Daily!
- Nanban ceramics: Small successes
- WALLYWARE: See My Best Mugs At Show Of Hands!
- Amy Handmade Ceramics: 14 Dec Cat Purrzaar, 20,21 Dec Public Garden
- DirtKicker PoTTerY: shake it off – shake it off! Stopperless Salt Shakers
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: New work. Oh, and yeah, Pottery sales start THIS WEEKEND!!!!
- Gary’s third pottery blog: open studio, day 2!
- lisa w.b. walker: Small Business Saturday ~ November 29th
- Jose Maria Mariscal – Ceramicas Mariscal: Cristales bicolor tridimensionales
- Cynthia Cusick: Tea Horse Studio – New wood-fired listings on Etsy
- Cynthia Cusick: Tea Horse Studio – New! Electric-fired listings on Etsy
- Karatsupots Blog: 2014 Fall Firing: Unloading the Kiln
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Happy December Online Sale
- Joel Cherrico Pottery: Cosmic Mugs, Cups and Vases in the Online Store
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Glaze Firing
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: Kick’n the Corpse
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: You Got Hmmmm
“What should I ponder while making pottery?”
- Rachel Dorn: Banning the phrase “I am not creative.”
- this artist’s life: make it mighty ugly
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: Hacking the grammar of art
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Creativity = Time?
- meridianaceramics: What is a good glaze?
- This Week At St. Earth: end loop
- Teaching/Craft: Thoughts in Slop
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: Obituary: This Week at St Earth
- The Hopeful Potter: 24.11.14
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: ‘Fixing’ Art and saving culture: A Thanksgiving parable
Interviews and Podcasts
“What do potters and ceramic artists have to say?”
- The Hopeful Potter: 03.11.14
- The Potters Cast: An Artist in Community | Brandi Jessup | Episode 56
- Bella Joy Pottery: What Inspires You? Questions From a High School Senior
- The Potters Cast: A Shy Artist | Godeleine de Rosamel | Episode 57
- Sawdust & Dirt: Episode 5 : Nick Joerling Part 2
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler: Carter Pottery: Workshop 101: Lisa Naples, Kate Maury, and Adam Field on the Tales of a Red Clay Rambler Podcast
- The Potters Cast: The Wandering Artist | Bianca Groves | Episode 58
- The Potters Cast: A Happy Artist | Sharon Alpren | Episode 59
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler: Carter Pottery: Live from Harvard: Craft and the Museum with Ethan Lasser & Ezra Shales on the Tales of a Red Clay Rambler Podcast
- Brian R. Jones: Lineage, Legacy, and Influence| Gail Kendall| ep.#60
- The Potters Cast: Artists as a Couple | Bruce Gholson and Samantha Henneke | Episode 60
- The Potters Cast: The Artist that Bridges the Gap | Sue Tirrell | Episode 61
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler: Carter Pottery: The Studio Potter: Mary Barringer & Elenor Wilson on the Tales of a Red Clay Rambler Podcast
- Sawdust & Dirt: Episode 6 – Courtney Martin
- Brian R. Jones: Poetry is Currency | Paulus Berensohn | ep.#61
- The Potters Cast: An Honest Artist
- NCECA Blog: The NCECA Podcast – New Episodes!
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler: Carter Pottery: Food, Objects, and Memory on this week’s Tales of a Red Clay Rambler Podcast
- The Potters Cast: The Conceptual Artist | Robert Chamberlin | Episode 63
- jenallenceramics: Adam Field: Potter of the Month
“What do potters blog about other than pottery?”
- Art by Fuzzy: 2014 Michiana Pottery Tour
- BPracticalPottery’s Blog: BPP Mugs at Oso Negro!
- Whistle Creek: Show in the Snow
- Hannah McAndrew: Oxford and Kent Travels
- Blue Starr Gallery: DIY Ornament Display Tree
- Alchemy of Clay: Do you know Don Reitz?
- Clay Club: CLAY STORIES !!!
- DirtKicker PoTTerY: Kiln Vent Motor Replacement and Baking Cookies
- Paine Falls……….: Turmoil in the Falls……..
- Gard Studios: Apron Article
- NCECA Blog: NCECA 2014 Conference Content: “Creativity Roundtable”
- Ayumi Horie Pottery LLC: Tomodachi Totes- Doubt, Quality, and Making Something Not Ceramic
- Blue Starr Gallery: Ornament Display Tree
- musing about mud: help support Pots on Wheels! (and of course gets some sweet pots out of the deal!)
- The Rabbit Muse: What does being copied look like?
- CHLOE DYMOND DESIGNS: Inspiring Inspiration & Self Motivation
- Fine Mess Pottery: So, you saw this, right?
- Hannah McAndrew: ‘Arts subjects limit careers choices’
- NCECA Blog: 3rd time was the charm, the 4th will be solid gold!
- Blogs … & Life its own self | Chris Campbell: What I did on my Autumn vacation …
- NCECA Blog: With Reflective Intention: A Portrait of Mel Griffin
- Tony Clennell: Class! Some have it, some don’t!
- Liz Crain Ceramics: Giving Away the Milk, the Cow, the Pasture – Or Not
- MARSHALL COLMAN FIRED UP: PS TO CERAMIC EDUCATION IN BRITAIN
- Paine Falls……….: Living in the moment…….
- Clay Club: New Book: “The Complete Guide to Mid-range Glazes” John Britt
- Clay Club: Loved the new Book! (The Complete Guide to Mid-Rang Glazes)
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Thank You : Holiday Home Show 2014
- Clay Club: Glaze resource
- support your local potter: Employee of the month
- Joel Cherrico Pottery: American Craft Council, “A Potter’s Journey: Launching a Pottery Business Venture and Fighting to Keep it Alive”
- Anna’s Ceramics: big things afoot
- Around and About with Bulldog Pottery: Introducing “Clay Shares,” “Potters Pick,” and “Playing off the Instrument” – Chris Staley, Val Cushing, Jason deCaires Taylor
“How can I help this project?”
Thanks for reading. If the Clay Blog Review makes your day a little better feel free to share it with your friends and enemies. You can also let me know about any new potter blogs.
Don’t forget, there will also be a Pottery Making Newsletter in the near future!