How was your May? I hope your ideas were fresh, your kilns were hot and your clay was just the right consistency. I can tell you that the clay blogs were active! Hopefully you didn’t miss anything from your favorite pottery blogs but if you did, you can probably find a link below. Of course, if you missed anything from previous months, you can see the preceding Clay Blog Reviews.
The Can’t Miss
- Marian Williams: How To Make Mugs All The Same Size!
- John Britt: Glaze Software and the Pink Azalea
- Ben Carter: Michael Simon and Ron Meyers on the TotRCR podcast
- Karatsu Pots: Processing Clay and Ash
- Pottery Making Info: Last Month’s Clay Blog Review!
Process and Technique
- Gary Jackson: Before. During. After.
- Gary Jackson: Textured Slab Vases
- Hints and Tips for the Potter: 39. THE NAKED CLAY ROUTE AND BEYOND.
- Matt’s Ceramic Action: Korean Potter from Ichon
- musing about mud: technical tuesday: Ceramic artist Richard Notkin demonstrates slip casting
- Johnson Tsang: A Broken Bowl
- Hannah McAndrew: Work this week
- Patricia Griffin: Pattern play
- Whynot Pottery Blog: Loading up the workhorse
- Liberty Stoneware: Record Kiln Firing
- musing about mud: technical tuesday: Pulling a handle with Tom Coleman
- davidmorrisonpike.com Blog: Spring nobori firing.
- Alchemy of Clay: Pots on pedestals
- good elephant pottery: The joy of having a studio to all to yourself.
- musing about mud: movie day: Icheon Master Hand: Kim Seong Tae
- Clay Club: 1000 Bowl Challenge
- BIG HILL POTTERY’S BLOG: What a week that was!
- Hannah McAndrew: The Ups and Downs of Pottery
- davidmorrisonpike.com Blog: Spring nobori firing, cup holders.
- This Week At St. Earth: spare us the cutter
- davidmorrisonpike.com Blog: Mushroom cups.
- New Day Pottery: One Image / Two Interpretations
- Whistle Creek: Actual Pottery Related Post
- Tony Clennell: Finnegan’s Wake
- musing about mud: movie day: Jugtown & Mark Hewitt Pottery
- Shambhala Pottery: Nice Jake Allee video on making a darted textured pitcher
- This Week At St. Earth: the sacred geometry of chance
- Joel Cherrico Pottery: Looking Back on my Pottery Trip to Prairie Fire Pottery, Beach, North Dakota
- meesh’s pottery: An Interesting Commission
- Blue Starr Gallery: Serving Bowls and Platters
Tips and Technical
- A Love Affair With Clay: How To Make Mugs All The Same Size!
- Matt’s Ceramic Action: New Pots, New Recipes
- Matt’s Ceramic Action: Glazed Limestone Rocks Produce Exothermic Chemical Reaction
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: Bloated…
- A Love Affair With Clay: Shino Glazes! How To Make Your Pots Look Marvelous!
- Clay Club: Glaze Software and the Pink Azalea
- musing about mud: How to Calibrate Your Glazes for Consistent Results | LISA NAPLES
- DirtKicker PoTTerY: Glaze Test Tiles are Fired
- Carol Clarkson Pottery Blog: Cutting Clay with Cookie Cutters
- Karatsupots Blog: Processing Clay and Ash
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: Done Watching the Devils Dance
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: My work in Manchester, NH
- homefry sketchbook: May Flowers
- the modern pottery studio: atelierstella: There will be some lovely spring fresh new…
- jackie sedlock pottery: houses
- Gary’s third pottery blog: how to scare the hell out of your guests….
- New Day Pottery: Preparing for the Crozet Arts and Crafts Show
- CleanMud: Horse Hair Raku
- This Week At St. Earth: Sale 28
- judi’s kiln: A Little Taste of What is To Come…
- WALLYWARE: Cosmic revelations in the coffee mug gift market.
- Karatsupots Blog: A Week of Good Pots
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop update TOMORROW, Friday May 9th!
- Hannah McAndrew: The Firing Results
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: Passing Through
- Matt’s Ceramic Action: New Sculpture
- Barnbarroch Pottery: Pots in May
- Ellison Bay Pottery Studios – Pottery and Other Related Thoughts: Bowls. Bowls. Bowls.
- this artist’s life: happening now, coming up
- Gary’s third pottery blog: Teapot Tuesday number 5: “what’s that thing up there?”
- Blue Starr Gallery: Spring Firing
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Teapot Tuesday – Flower Pot Teapot Set
- Gary’s third pottery blog: “it was all yellow…”
- Jose Maria Mariscal: Más mates
- Blue Starr Gallery: Unexpected Results from the Kiln Gods
- Liberty Stoneware: Kiln Results Headed to Show!
- Jose Maria Mariscal: Oxido de Hierro y Niquel
- Whynot Pottery Blog: Working the set
- The Smart Cat: Bottoms Up
- Alchemy of Clay: Glossy green with cherry trees
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Teapot Tuesday – Tea For Two
- weddwould: Sun Child
- Whynot Pottery Blog: Fillers or tuckers
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop Update TOMORROW Friday May 23rd!
- adriana christianson: #MarkitFedsquare THIS Sunday !
- Blue Starr Gallery: Strawberry Jubilee
- Gary’s third pottery blog: after a messy week: centering with a side of gluten-free blueberry cake
- Daria Claiborne Pottery: new work…cherry blossoms
- Daria Claiborne Pottery: and in the mean time, different work….
- Blue Starr Gallery: Keep the Light On
- The Smart Cat: Majolica Monday
- homefry sketchbook: I’m All Clay and Bones
- Pots and Tea: Gems twenty two and twenty three
- Kitty’s Granada Studio: The Universal Symbol of Peace
- Kim Murton: process-half heads
- Gary’s third pottery blog: ever had….?
- Brampton Pottery: Out of my system
- Brampton Pottery: Another firing
- Peter’s Pottery: Winter, bowls, butter dish, cups, teapots, and a painting!
- Dirty Girl Clayworks: photo shoot
- Brian R. Jones: Silvie Granatelli
- Paul Blais: Carole Epp
- Paul Blais: Ceramic Showcase Portland Oregon | Episode 4
- Paul Blais: Lori Buff
- Paul Blais: Lisa Naples
- Ben Carter: Michael Simon
- Brian R. Jones: Richard Hensley
- Jen Allen: Matt Repsher
- Ben Carter: Ron Meyers
- support your local potter: The Build
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Where to Display the Price Tag
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Soda Kiln : Back Wall Beauty
- Gary’s third pottery blog: STOP THE MADNESS: Mugs and me more about them than you could possibly want to know
- Whistle Creek: Spring Pottery Fair Review.
- Tony Clennell: First Prize
- Brian Harper: Mini-Manifesto
- Shambhala Pottery: Here’s a nice little video
- NCECA Blog: Set the Table! Artist Highlights (part 4)
- Whistle Creek: Stuck
- Teaching/Craft: Tread Lightly
- Lucy Fagella Pottery: Pottery and Poetry
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler: Carter Pottery: Best of Season Two on the Tales of a Red Clay Rambler Podcast
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Minnesota Pottery Tour : Day One
- Carol Clarkson Pottery Blog: Rubber Stoppers for Pottery
- Carol Clarkson Pottery Blog: Pottery Tool Starter Kit
- Blog – Emily Schroeder Willis: Alphabet Cups
- The Raging Bowl: An Anxious Introvert in the Workplace
- Alchemy of Clay: blogs are the best!
- Tony Clennell: Damn Fine!
- A Love Affair With Clay: The Harding Black Collection: A Treasure!
- Pictures and few words: Ceramics Monthly: Spotlight
- good elephant pottery – blog: Three in a Row: The Report
- Combat Medic to Ceramic Artist…a Disabled Veteran’s Story: Studio Fruit Basket Upset
- support your local potter: Nearly there!
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Sketching and Cleaning
- Blue Starr Gallery: Virtual Studio Tour
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Artists, Critics, and Potters
- Gard Studios: Day 14: road trip tips and tricks
And that’s everything I could scrape together. If something was left out, let me know. Maybe next month there will be more videos and images…
Thanks for reading!
gary Edward Rith says
Thanks a MILLION for the mentions and all the great other stuff to view!
Pottery Making Info says
No problem, Gary!
Thanks for the great stuff on your blog.