Hey clay peeps, another month is in the books. That means it’s time to take a look at all the great blogging that transpired in July. Or if you just tuned in, check out last month’s CBR and all the Reviews before that.
The Can’t Miss
- JEANETTE MANCHESTER HARRIS: A Jar with a Perfectly Fitting Lid
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Decorating the Rim on an Oval Casserole
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: Peeking in Our SideDoor
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: How to Make a Faceted Mug – Part 1
- Bentham Pottery: How to make Quarls
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: How to Make a Faceted Mug – Part 2
- NCECA Blog: Weathered Surfaces – Rhonda Willers in the Process Room
- Fine Mess Pottery: That One Image Transfer Technique
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Measuring Shrinkage
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Another Video : Platter Stamping Demo
- Hobby Potter – Artist Tammy Jo Schoppet Official Blog: 30 Bowls ~ 30 Days ~ 30 Techniques
Process and Technique
How it’s doin’. How it’s done.
- Sue Pariseau Pottery: June Woodfiring
- Tony Clennell: Bastard porcelain
- Acorn Pottery: interrupting the flow
- Alchemy of Clay: Glaze step 1 Mandala wall hangings
- Mom Cave Pottery: Cobra stamp for mugs
- Tony Clennell: cuff in the lug
- Blue Starr Gallery: Sgraffito Before and After
- Peter’s Pottery: Geese, Spoonbills, Greek pots, Fermentation, and Firing!
- Pottery, Sculpture (and a few poems): Tall vase
- The Hopeful Potter: 07.07.14
- Claying Thoughts: Clay Nameplates for Home
- musing about mud: technical tuesday: Throwing / Making a Flat Porcelain Teapot with Hsin-Chuen Lin
- Blue Starr Gallery: Driftwood Handled Baskets
- Tony Clennell: Excess is never enuff!
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: FireFlies Bones & Angels
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Bowls On Purpose… With A Twist
- Tony Clennell: Definition of Craft
- Peter’s Pottery: Good pots and Things that go Bump… in the Kiln! A Cautionary Tale!
- Blue Starr Gallery: Baskets, Mushroom and Flower
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Class Bowl Demo : Trimming & Finishing
- Whistle Creek: Life Gets Tedious
- musing about mud: technical tuesday: Rolling a foot on a plate with New Earth Clay Pottery
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Another Bike Wheel Base
- CleanMud: Pulled Handles
- Fine Mess Pottery: So Many Plates
- Hannah McAndrew: Slip and sunshine
- Barnbarroch Pottery: Out of this World at ‘Potfest in the Park’
- Kitty’s Granada Studio: More Bird
- Blue Starr Gallery: Revisions
- weddwould: Pot culture
- part time pottery: Once Fire in Progress…
- New Day Pottery: Creative Day
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: Image Transfer and Carving
- meesh’s pottery: Summer returns to North Carolina
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: New Mugs, What a Relief
- musing about mud: movie day: Alternative methods of ceramic shaping / The Blast / Adam Železný / UMPRUM
- part time pottery: A Busy Week….
- Hannah McAndrew: Post Potfest Tiredness
- riverwife clay: full vessels, embossed textures and pigeons
- Alchemy of Clay: Geometry approximati
- Combat Medic to Ceramic Artist…a Disabled Veteran’s Story: Lady Liberty – Update
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Larger Base (in progress) for Spinning Bike Wheel
- Liberty Stoneware: Updates in Photos
Tips and Technical
Tricks of the trade.
- Clay Club: Ceramic Quiz 5
- Matt’s Ceramic Action: Started out with Kamada Koji’s big bang glaze in mind.
- Clay Club: Ceramic Quiz 9
- A Love Affair With Clay: Aventurine Glazes: I Have One! A Gift!
- Blue Starr Gallery: Use A Straw
- riverwife clay: pre-market photoshoot
- Blue Starr Gallery: Akira Satake Workshop Results
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Bike Wheel Modifications
- Gary’s third pottery blog: bowled over…
- Pottery, Sculpture (and a few poems): Rotations
- Pottery, Sculpture (and a few poems): …a few things
- Michael Douglas – Blog + New Work: Work for Disaster show
- trista hudzik pottery: Salt fired love!
- trista hudzik pottery: Salt fired love, the grand finale!
- Whynot Pottery Blog: Teaching an old dog
- Emma Smith Ceramics: Wood Season
- Kim Murton: Yesterdays firing
- meesh’s pottery: The results are in
- Euan The Potter: I remove the bricks from the kiln door two at a time
- Rae Dunn … clay » clay.: inspiration.
- this artist’s life: new work this weekend
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop update TOMORROW, Friday July 11th!
- Mom Cave Pottery: Cobra mug
- Tony Clennell: Nope!
- Jose Maria Mariscal – Ceramicas Mariscal: [no title]
- Stray Dog Pottery Blog: Congratulations – Peyton & Rachelle
- Art by Fuzzy: Glaze Fire Results from May
- dahlhaus: Mid-Summer Up-date and New Vases
- Blue Starr Gallery: Green Muse, Refired
- Gary’s third pottery blog: lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
- part time pottery: blue blue blue blue blue blue
- Learning to be Fearless: Still chasing after texture
- Alchemy of Clay: Cat paws
- Whynot Pottery Blog: Testing out Ms. B
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: Paper Layers
- part time pottery: Firing the last of it.
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop update TOMORROW, Friday July the 25th!
- Rachel Dorn Ceramic Sculpture: New Stacking Gear Piece
- Gary’s third pottery blog: mugshot Monday and MORE
- WALLYWARE: You say tomato, I say “Fun art project!”
- Kim Murton: stock for upcoming Art in the Pearl
- Kristen Kieffer: Free to Be…Yunomi
- NCECA Blog: A Passion for Clay
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: Art’s ambition
- Tracey Broome: It ain’t cheap, it ain’t easy
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler: Carter Pottery: Garth Clark on the Tales of a Red Clay Rambler Podcast
- Patricia Griffin Studio: What do Nick Joerling, Seth Godin, Alyson Stanfield and Carolyn Edlund have in common?
- The Potters Cast: Stefan Andersson | Stephan Andersson Ceramics | Episode 24
- jenallenceramics: Simon Levin: Potter of the Month
- The Potters Cast: Ben Carter | Tales of a Red Clay Rambler | Episode 25
- Brian R. Jones Ceramics: ep.#54 Matthew Causey
- Sawdust & Dirt: The Sawdust and Dirt Podcast, Finally!
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler: Carter Pottery: Alleghany Meadows on the Tales of a Red Clay Rambler Podcast
- The Potters Cast: Chris Snedden | Chris Snedden Pottery |Episode 26
- The Potters Cast: Adam Field | Adam Field Pottery | Episode 27
- Brian R. Jones Ceramics: ep.#55 Forrest Lesch-Middelton
- The Potters Cast: Kim Murton | Kim Murton Ceramics | Episode 28
- weddwould: Bigmouth Strikes Again
- The Potters Cast: Gina Feddersen | Isola Bella | Episode 29
- musing about mud: movie day: The Potter from Turquoise Mountain
- ang design blog: the big clay day out…
- A Love Affair With Clay: Wooden Stamps For Pottery
- Combat Medic to Ceramic Artist…a Disabled Veteran’s Story: Artist Statement
- Tony Clennell: Things that work!
- Fine Mess Pottery: Need a Website?
- Shambhala Pottery: Interesting selling quandry
- paul the potter: Barrington Pottery Meets HRH Prince Charles
- Art by Fuzzy: Pottery Weekend
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Icheon Master Hands : Korean Ceramics
- Liberty Stoneware: Traveling Potter Part II
- A Love Affair With Clay: How To Set Up A Marketing Stall For Your Pottery
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Google Webmaster Tools and Other Geekery
- Dawn Whitehand: Visual Artist: Pit Firing Ceramics – The Book Launch At Last!
- Shambhala Pottery: Where will we go from here.
- Blue Starr Gallery: Pottery Displays & Surfacing Ecourse
- Hannah McAndrew: I Give You The Baluster Jug
- Learning to be Fearless: A larger studio
- Carol Clarkson Pottery Blog: LONG Butane Lighter for Kiln Lighting
- Tony Clennell: Sitting on the can at Peter’s Valley
- Art by Fuzzy: Clay Studio Notes: July 2014
- This Week At St. Earth: gratitude
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Mom’s Handmade Pottery Aprons Are Back !!!
- Lucy Fagella Pottery: The Pottery Studio Re-Design
- musing about mud: guest post: “show us your influences” with Amanda Barr
- Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery: Chess Camp : Complete
- Joel Cherrico Pottery: American Craft Council, “A Potter’s Journey: Art Experiences Outside the College Classroom”
- BPracticalPottery’s Blog: Opportunity: Show musing your inspiration
- A Love Affair With Clay: Women Who Fire With Wood
- Mug Revolution’s blog: Telling it like it is: Mel Jacobson
Thanks for stopping in. If you enjoy the Clay Blog Review, tell your friends about it!
And stay tuned for some changes to this site coming soon!