Highlighting the best of the ceramics and pottery blogs over the past month. In case you missed something.
Process and Technique
- Paul Jessop has a lot of pots in progress.
- Jeanette Manchester Harris finds some momentary inspiration.
- DirtKicker Pottery tells of reglazing a fired piece of pottery,
- Emily Murphy shows how she makes square plates on the wheel.
- Hannah McAndrew finishes lots of pots.
- Jerry works on mug sets.
- Carole Epp shares a video of throwing a pitcher:
- Mea Rhee makes elephants without electricity.
- Melissa at Raging Bowl is Meditating on Mugs (400!).
- Ben Carter tiles patterns on cups and lectures on Using color to alter pattern and form.
- Rachel Dorn shares her Summer Studio Progress and works on bike part bulbs and other clay + bike parts sculptures.
- Amy Huacani loads the kiln.
- Scott Reed works on Custom Goblets, throws with a mirror and shares a Little Vid about throwing a lidded jar:
- Scott Cooper has been making pots.
- Luke Langholz has Two weeks to go before show time.
- Tony Clennell describes Toning Your Bottom.
- Art by Fuzzy has Pottery in Progress.
- Angela Walford has a lot going on in july.
- Rob considers a change in his work.
- Judy Abdelaziz has a few Vases and a teapot and Uses bolts for texture.
- Linda Starr is working on towers.
- Ann Tubbs layers patterns for surface depth.
- Ron Philbeck has an update From the Studio.
- Aaron Sober decorates pots.
- Lori Watts tries Two Things to make a wavy plate and shows how she makes Rope-Textured Handles.
- Glynnis Lessing shares a few thoughts On Disappointment.
- Jake Johnson gives a bud vase tutorial.
- Michael Kline makes shows off a few new pots.
- Gary Jackson works on his favorite form.
- Doug Fitch has a massive video update.
- Jeanette Manchester Harris makes Clay Picture Frames.
Tips and Technical
- John Britt found the PDF ^10 glaze recipe collection to end all PDF collections and shares some Shaner Red Recipes.
- Marian Williams shares the magic of magic water and a tip to keep gold lustre from tipping over.
- Meagan Chaney tests a low fire base glaze with mason stains.
- Art by Fuzzy shares a few studio notes and finds a texture machine.
- Barbara Rogers shares a little bit about recycling clay.
- Glaze Recipe Sharing: Black Magic ^10 Reduction.
- Rob shows off his new bat system.
- Melissa from the Ceramic Shop shares some info about Amaco glazes.
- Scott Reed shows off a Custom Order and shows how to keep Paula Dean out of your butter.
- Barbara Rogers completes a Tree goddess, some bathroom items and Fluted bowls.
- Marian Williams posts a video of the Kiln Opening:
- Kings Creek Pottery has re-fired results and more photos.
- DirtKicker Pottery has a few Celtic Goblets.
- FetishGhost shows some results of Collaboration.
- Hollis Engley has pots with coffee beans.
- Linda Starr has Something Fishy Going On.
- Amy Woo has some finished work.
- Ron Philbeck unloads the kiln wand shares the images:
- Clementina Ceramics finishes some dishes for a client.
- Round Rabbit has another colorful shop update and another.
- Dennis Allen has Lotsa Pictures of pottery.
- Luke Langholz is finishing pots in a Heatwave.
- Hannah McAndrew has some wood fired slipware
- Linda Starr has finished Lots of Towers and more.
- Sequoia Miller has some new pots for Etsy.
- Art y Fuzzy has some images of recently fired work.
- Mea Rhee has New Pots for Artscape:
- Patricia Griffin is making work and making sales.
- Angela Walford has a surprise post of new work.
- Dahlhaus talks espresso.
- Ann shares some recent results.
- Alex Cluck has some hand carved pendants.
- Alison Arnold is Preparing for Spring.
- Rob experiments with underglaze pencils.
- Carter Gillies
What I would argue is that agreement isn’t always the test of a thing’s worth. Its not THAT we agree that is important as much as why we agree and what we are agreeing about.
- The secret life of mysteries…
- Talking about pottery
- Monty Python help explain pottery, language, and the imagination (and who doesn’t love Monty Python?!)
- The Ministry of Pots “Trust me to stretch a metaphor beyond recognition…”
- Michael Kline writes of Change.
Boredom with one’s work is not necessarily a negative thing. Not recognizing when we are bored is.
It occurs to me that there is tons of evidence that such things can be less mysterious: the work of hundreds of other potters I admire.
- Tracey Broome shares images and descriptions from By Example.
- Ron Philbeck talks of FB vs. Blog, Craft Shows, a bit more about shows, and Pugmill Repair:
- Patricia Bridges puts the lamp in ceramic lamps.
- Joy Tanner has a New Artist Statement.
- Dan Finnegan shares some history of Winchcombe.
- Lucy Fagella can
rapwrap. (Maybe she can rap too?)
- Paul Jessop gets in on the FB vs. Blog discussion.
- The Modern Pottery Studio shares Dieter Rams’ Ten Design Principles.
- Catherine White reflects on her time at Penland.
- Yolande Clark shares a lot of images of The Kiln Coming Along.
- Dawn Whitehand solves her problem of the local ceramic supply store closing.
- Kristen Kieffer gets some Fabulous Fan Mail.
- Marian Williams Made Her Own Bamboo Brushes and shares a Studio Tour Video:
- Hollis Engley is not an electrical engineer.
- FetishGhost (and Aaron Sober) share a few notes from juror Jack Troy.
- Dennis Allen can’t take his pots anywhere.
- Ann Tubbs tells how she upgraded the exhaust vent window.
- Tony Clennell discovers that there will be a course designed for becoming a professional potter.
- Whitney Smith shares some notes about people in her booth.
- Dahlhaus will not be at any summer shows.
- Ivan Wozniak drops some knowledge about art deco.
If you come across something that should be included or have a suggestion for the future let me know. Thanks for reading!