Back at it! All apologies for the tardiness of this post. I’d like to blame it on February being so short but really I’ve just been busy with other projects.
So, a short month but plenty of excitement. Hopefully you live where the excitement is from the clay and not the weather! Below you will see some exciting things from the pottery blogs.
The Can’t Miss
- Matt Fiske shows what Raw Materials in Cone 10 Reduction look like.
- Georgia Harvey shares some info about Buffing terra sig.
- John Britt made a great video about Fixing Hard Panned Glazes.
- He also answers the question: Why doesn’t my crackle slip crackle any more?
- Lori Watts has A Good Day for Platters and tries a Screenprinting technique from Pinterest.
Process and Technique
- Graciela Testa Lynt adds More Texture.
- Gary Jackson gets sub-bullets!
- Liberty Stoneware is working on the 52 Form Project- Week 5, Week 6, Square Bottles, Week 7, Week 8, Raw Color, Kiln Loading.
- Raven Hill Pottery has New Ornaments in the works.
- Amy gives us a Margaret Bohls Workshop Recap.
- Nina Roberts bought some paper clay.
- Carole Epp shares a video of “Moiré”:
- Alex Forster explores Athletic Pottery and Strong Potters.
- Jeanette Manchester Harris shares a video about Puzzle Jugs.
- Judy Abdelaziz is working on Heart Dishes and Yarn Bowls.
- Whynot Pottery has some overlap and is Loading the kiln.
- Christine has New pots and runaway kilns.
- Hannah McAndrew is in Devon Working.
- Doug Fitch is Jugging again and likes his jugs Scratched.
- Molly Hatch gives a High Museum Project update and works on Plates Plates Plates!
- Sandy Miller has a busy week.
- Gerry Wedd shows The undertoad and some Yellow.
- Two Potters love the mornings.
- Peter is working All Through The Night!
- DirtKicker Pottery is Throwing Bowls.
- Becky has been working on a project Alll winter long.
- Michele Hastings: And sometimes we work… and A last minute change of plans.
- Scott Cooper knows progress is progress.
- Tony Clennell takes Finnegan’s Bait and begins Sketching. Also Some and some and Forgive me, Lord.
- Angela Walford has work still unfired…
- Patricia Griffin is All abuzz about this collection.
- Carter Gillies asks Where’s the BFH? (That’s Big Forking? Handles I think)
- Judi Tavill shows What is going on… Revisited…
- John Britt shares a Henry Pope Pitcher Demo:
- Karatsu Pots shares a handful of New Videos.
- FetishGhost wonders about his Dreams.
Tips and Technical
- Lori Buff drops some knowledge about Kibuta.
- Georgia Harvey shares some Crawl glaze investigations.
- DirtKicker Pottery wonders about French Butter Keeper Uneven Drying Cracks.
- Lorraine works out a Glaze fix.
- Alex Forster compares Glaze Chemistry and Alchemy.
- Scott Cooper: Dr. Strangethrow, Or: How I learned to stop sitting and love the Brent, two for one and wheelie.
- Gary Rith has some bamboo LUST.
- Carol Clarkson writes about Strontium Crystal Magic Warm / Cone 6 ( Steven Hill).
- Smart Cat stumbles upon the Enlightenment or….
- John Britt answers the question: Why doesn’t my crackle slip crackle any more?
- Doug Fitch shares some recent Success and then Friday frustration and is Back in Devon.
- Peter uses a Bright and Cheerful Underglaze! and has More Crystals and Crawling!
- Patricia Griffin completes Vessels for the rain dance.
- Rachel Dorn shares The End of Biomorph & New Images of Individual Wall Pieces.
- Gary Rith knows that “life is just a chair of bowlies”.
- Michele Hastings shows results from Shino & Tea Bowls Workshop and is ready for beer-thirty.
- Hannah McAndrew has Videos and New Pots and celebrates ten years with Ten Pots with Ten Prints and Ten Books.
- Kristen Kieffer is feeling Fresh & Springy.
- Kim Murton shares a close-up of new work.
- Good Elephant Pottery brings A herd, a flock, a school …
- Round Rabbit has a Shop update and another Shop update.
- Whynot Pottery unloaded a kiln and just like that.
- Ryszard Grosz has New mugs 2014.
- Johnson Tsang urges you to Share one of these with the one you love.
- Tony Clennell shows us Pots from the Ratagama.
- Wallyware has Cat bowls and astrology mugs!
- Barb Rogers finishes her Tree creation 5.0 and Tree mugs.
- Margaret Brampton decorates with Fish and Ships.
- Bibbi Forsman shows us three little pieces.
- Matt Grimmitt shares a few More pics and pots are Available now.
- Matt Fiske has some New Teapots.
- Georgia Harvey considers Conversion.
- Aaron Sober has New Work, Lightning, and Lightning Bugs.
- Jose Maria Mariscal shows cracking y carbonacion.
- Nell Hazinski made some Flameware Pottery.
- Lorraine is working on Medallion bowls.
- Graciela Testa Lynt thinks about “Democratizing” Pottery Making.
- The Hopeful Potter shares some more thoughts about “The Crafts in Britain in the Twentieth Century”
- BFree Pottery finds the rhythm.
- Carter Gillies shares his thoughts on Craft identity and Art as a committed relationship, and matchmaking with galleries.
- Pooja Verma considers Creative Help.
- Michael Kline wants to know: What do you think?
- Ben Carter with the Tales of A Red Clay Rambler Podcasts:
- BPractical Pottery shows that Michelle Lim Wakes Up Dragons!
- Brian R. Jones interviews Jeff Oestreich.
- Carole Epp has a guest post: Julia Krueger In Conversation with Heather Smith.
- Kalika Bowlby is Interviewing NCECA 2013 Emerging Artist Amber Ginsburg.
- Jen Allen Ceramics talks with Sunshine Cobb.
- Lori Watts Knew There Had to Be a Way to put her website into a tab on her FB page and shares A Kiln Sitting Poem.
- Michael Kline invents the Ceramic Artist Index, is a Slackin’ Pottery Bum? and scratches a 7 Year Itch. Also, In The Beginning.
- Dennis Allen encourages you to Invest in Your Karma.
- Paul Chenoweth gives some tips for Finding Potter – Not You, Harry.
- NCECA blog gives some hints to Get More in Milwaukee – Pre Conference Workshops.
- Shawna Mayo Barnes is Still Writing…
- Lori Buff thinks You Might Need a Website.
- Jim Gotuso writes about Universal Artist Statement/Polar Horcrux/Blog Anniversary/David Katz/Homework…
- Carter Gillies has a License to kiln and is Pottery geeking. Also: Teaching Fail.
- June Perry shares the 10 Best Cities to be an Artist.
- Ben Carter talks Ira Glass, Taste, and that Tingly feeling.
- Euan Craig gives us The Heart of Mingei.
- Tony Clennell: So you want to be a potter? He also Brought home friends and should have known!!!!!! And tries to get his Mojo back while using Mother in law blue.
- DirtKicker Pottery has a New Pottery Studio Table.
- FetishGhost is hooked on Grayson Perry.
- Ivan Wozniak offers a Pottery Quiz challenge.
- Graciela Testa Lynt knows that Beatrice Wood owes it all to chocolate and young men! and encourages others to Retire early and follow your dream.
- Michele Hastings wants More hours in the day and some extra hands.
- NCECA Spring Playlist Released!
- Liz Crain Just Deleted 10,789 Picture Files.
- Doug Fitch shares A Potter’s Love Poem and Doug and Hannah’s Valentines Special.
- Patricia Bridges spends a Snow Day Boxing Up.
- Rachel Dorn is Considering Tasks for a Studio Assistant.
- Tracey Broome has been blogging about some very interesting visitors including Sacred Arts………. Closing Ceremony.
- Brandon Phillips shares his thoughts on Taking advantage and has been on a bit of a Sabbatical.
- Melissa Rohrer gives us a glimpse at part of the process.
- Carole Epp shares videos: Edmund de Waal – What Do Artists Do All Day ? and Red Lodge Clay Center – Loading the Train Kiln. Also: Craft Artists’ Income via CERF.
- Dennis Allen discovers another pottery blogger in his pursuit of Life, Liberty, and Happiness.
- Luke Langholz gives a Studio Update.
- Carol Clarkson shares Russell Fousts’ Potters Portal.
- Dirty Girl Pottery likes to Play with clay.
- Brandon Schwartz shares Clay Studio Notes.
- Kristen Kieffer presents a Florida Heat Surface 2014 Pictorial.
- Michael Kline also shares his experiences from Heat, pt 1.
- Meridiana Ceramics has a Test. Find out if you are more suited for throwing or for sculpture.
- Check out The NCECA App!
Thanks for checking out all the great content from the pottery blogs this month. Don’t forget to leave some comments on all the fine blogs mentioned above. Feel free to suggest anything that was missed or other great clay blogs.
And thanks again for your patience!
Gary Edward Rith says
Hey, how funny, there I am with bamboo lust, thanks! Thanks for ALL of this!