Is time flying for anyone else? I looked up and April (and a third of 2014!) have already slipped past. Luckily, all the great blog posts from the past month have been linked below!
The format has been tweaked slightly. I’m in the middle of adding a little more automation to the link gathering process. So things might be a little wonky as I wedge out the air bubbles. Hopefully it still makes sense.
The Can’t Miss
- Clay Blog Review: March 2014
- NCECA link roundup
- Shawna Mayo Barnes: Darting – The Ceramic Way (tutorial)
- Ivan Wozniak: How to Make Coloured Pottery
- Lori Buff: Building A Raku Kiln
- Carter Gillies: Studio Jingo
- Matt Fiske: Slides from Presentation
Process and Technique
- Ariel Bowman: The Prehistoric Circus: Process and Concept
- Jeffrey Guin: Escher Plate
- Margaret Brampton: Drawings
- Paul Jessop: A Blank Canvas to work on
- Kim Murton: Spring work table
- Sue Pariseau: A Fun Challenge
- Gary Jackson: Tall Flower Pots, Part Two, Video : Bowl Stamping Demo, Trimmed & Slipped, A Very “Good” Friday, Oval Casserole Construction, Textured Tile Salt & Pepper Shakers, Fifteen Bowls
- Blue Starr Gallery: This Cherry Tree, Cherry Blossoms, Weaving Clay, Shake the Dust
- Liberty Stoneware: Productive Day, 52 Form Project- Week 11
- lisa w.b. walker: The life of a handmade pot
- Shambhala Pottery: Pedulum glazing
- A Devonshire Pottery: Catch up
- DeBuse-On-The-Loose: Spoon-Makin’ video
- meesh’s pottery: things with lids, Meditating with porcelain
- ang design blog: Ahhh the results…
- Tracey Broome: Simple……. Bowl, Naked Raku, hello, studio………
- Acorn Pottery: in the works
- musing about mud: Harlan House at the throwing wheel, movie day: Echoes in clay – ceramic artist Adam Buick, technical tuesday: Use Multi-Colored Clay to Build a Cup
- DirtKicker PoTTerY: Teapot Tuesday – Kyusu
- objective clay: Building a Jar: Good times with new toys!
- Clay Club: Karatsu Teabowls
- Mom Cave Pottery: Light to dark
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: Symmetry is soooo overrated, After Magritte
- Terry Parker: Studio time! In the studio – a story in pictures!
- Bridges Pottery Blog: Busy Busy
- Cori Morenberg: spring pottery and art
- Paul Chenoweth: Comfortzone Stretch – Underglazes
- Whynot Pottery: Filling in the holes
- Hannah McAndrew: Firing Day 29th April
Tips and Technical
- Sue Pariseau Pottery: Turquoise Glaze Test
- Clay Club: Egyptian Paste Anyone?, Egyptian faience (Egyptian paste) recipe, Egyptian Paste Recipes
- Liberty Stoneware: Patience.
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Shivering in Spring
- Alchemy of Clay: Eggshell over Little Loafers
- musing about mud: technical tuesday: Cone 6 glazes with Peter’s Pottery
- The PottersFriend’s: How to Make Coloured Pottery
- DirtKicker PoTTerY: Studying Glaze Chemistry
- Matt’s Ceramic Action: Iridescent Glaze Research
- Amy Sanders: Fresh out of the kiln!
- Barb Rogers: A carafe and tiny vases
- Fine Mess Pottery: Everything Happens for a Reason But Sometimes it’s a Stupid Reason
- Shawna Mayo Barnes: Sunday Ceramic – III
- Gary’s third pottery blog: what would Dumbo do????, a couple of gems….
- Amy Handmade Ceramics: Getting ready for Purzaar in July
- Gary’s third pottery blog: THURSday can be teapot day too,
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop update TOMORROW Friday, April 11th!
- Gary Jackson: Empty Bowls Project : Lillstreet Art Center
- Art by Fuzzy: Polar Vortex Inspired Pottery
- Jose Maria Mariscal – Ceramicas Mariscal: Nueva formula, Superficie plana, PROXIMA PARADA- BONNIEUX
- Whynot Pottery Blog: Results from Ms. B
- New Day Pottery: Cookie Jar, Teapots and Vases
- CleanMud: M.C. Escher Plate
- lisa w.b. walker: Trips inspire collections ~ Turks and Caicos
- Kim Murton: fresh out of the kiln
- Floydpots: Lidded Pitcher, pots in use…
- weddwould: Chasing rabbits
- Karatsupots Blog: Views of a repaired teabowl
- homefry sketchbook: Spring Affair, Spring or Close Enough..
- Barnbarroch Pottery: Fish and clouds
- Peter’s Pottery: Close Up
- Tony Clennell: Boring box, huh?
- FetishGhost’s Secret Studio: Evolution, Comfortable You, Decisions
- This Week At St. Earth: #57, 58 and time to sell
- CleanMud: Mondrian Plate
- Around and About with Bulldog Pottery: Yunomis for AKAR
- Acorn Pottery: Gardens of Oz preview
- The Rabbit Muse: Shop update TOMORROW Friday April 25th!
- Acorn Pottery: a few more
- lisa w.b. walker: Trips inspire collections ~ MFA with Cousin Betsy
- paul the potter: I’m Loving Making My Pots
- JEANETTE MANCHESTER HARRIS: Flower Frogs
- Kristen Kieffer: Tea & Flowers
- Brampton Pottery: Spring
- Sue Pariseau Pottery: It’s a Wrap
- Kim Murton: Auction piece for Mary Lou’s “PULSE’
- lisa w.b. walker: Trips inspire collections ~ Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- meesh’s pottery: We Celebrated Spring in Seagrove…
- Carter Gillies
- FetishGhost: The Purple Cow
- Russell Wrankle: Wishy Washy
- Tales of a Red Clay Rambler
- Brian Jones: Richard Jacobs and Gareth Mason, Dwight Holland
- Jen Allen Ceramics: Doug Peltzman: Potter of the Month
- Musing About Mud: Grayson Perry: the Guardian interview
- Gard Studios: Growing Power Urban Farm & NCECA
- Shambhala Pottery: Great free art book resource.
- Art by Fuzzy: Closeup Photos: Pots and Tools
- Hannah McAndrew: A New Look to Studio Pottery.co.uk
- meesh’s pottery: Re-boot
- Joel Cherrico Pottery: Generous Community Building: An Emerging Artist’s Experience at NCECA 2014
- Dan Finnegan – Studio Pottery: Follow Me!
- The Hopeful Potter: 14.04.14
- CARTER GILLIES POTTERY: Look mom, no hands!
- Fine Mess Pottery: Pots By the Pound, Pots By the Pound, Part II: Valuable Input, Attached Please Find, Pushing Through
- Clay Club: Ceramics Monthly is hiring
- Future Relics Pottery Blog: Full of Ourselves
- musing about mud: movie day: A Passion for Porcelain 2013, movie day: Paulus and Clay
- Tony Clennell: Making Art with Art, Guess Who?
- Peter Jadoonath: It was fun
- support your local potter: Coming down and going up!
- Blue Starr Gallery: How to Hang It ?, Hanging In There
- Dawn Whitehand: Visual Artist My New “Made It” Shop
- NCECA Blog: Set the Table! Artist Highlights (part 2)
- bfree pottery: building kilns
- The Hopeful Potter: 21.04.14
- Whistle Creek: My third Leg Revealed
- DirtKicker PoTTerY: Glaze testing and listening to Podcasts
- City by the Sea Ceramics: Record store employee turned potter
- Ellison Bay Pottery Studios: The Early Years: 1974
Aaaaand, that’s it! Thanks for reading. If you notice any glaring omissions let me know.
Linda Starr says
thanks for the reference and link up, so many to peruse this time.